Religious Education is of prime importance in our school. At St Patrick's School, Winton parents and teachers share the responsibility of the spiritual development of our students.
Some important events in the Church year are used as focus points for the development of faith at St Patrick's School. They are:
- Beginning of year Mass - a Leadership Mass for the new school leaders
(This includes both children and the education staff)
- Lent - the journey towards Easter
- Easter - the celebration of a new life
- Sacraments of Reconciliation, First Eucharist & Confirmation (candidates prepared by Parish) enhancement of initiation sacraments in classroom RE program.
- St. Patrick's Feast Day 17th March.
- Fortnightly Class Mass
- Advent - Preparation for Christmas
- End of Year Mass - Rite of Passage.
These events help form the basis of Parish/School interaction which assists your child in his/her growth towards ethical and moral participants in an ever changing world. At St Patrick's we also believe that taking time to pray is necessary.